Skip to main content

Wait on the Lord for His "Victory Store"

Some days are not quite what you'd hope they'd be!
Here are some reasons for this particular day...and the highlights also...

1. Overall reason- I really prayed for this day to be awesome and it wasn't completely- there were many irritations and struggles.  There were good things.  I spent some time with my 8 year old daughter at the local bakery.  I took her for a haircut and she got a new hair brush in her favorite color.  I wasn't too uptight to say no to the hairbrush request and I was glad because she was so happy.  We looked at beautiful fabrics and lovely craft things in a sewing shop and we are both creative.  I saw the Lego Ninjago movie with my boys and I liked it.

2. I felt my husband was not giving me a lot of attention and affection.  I was getting irritated at him.

3. I wanted to be generous and let my kids see two holiday movies because we aren't doing much having moved house early in the first week.  After the second movie my oldest says he told me he wanted to see the other movie that his Dad and sister saw, and apparently he tried to tell me that...I got so irritated because I wanted them to be happy so badly.  I blamed both myself for not receiving the communication properly and also him for not telling me more clearly.

4. I didn't really want to go to Mc Donalds but I did anyway.  Later I wished we'd gone to the organic vegan cafe I love and I've wanted to take the kids there for ages because it closes soon after school and it's shut at odd random times.  I had a momentary impulse then pushed it aside, telling myself it was about the kids being happy as they had wanted to try out the new 'playground' there.  They still weren't ecstatically happy anyway.

5. My daughter says, "when are we going to spend time together today mummy?"- After the beautiful morning 'I thought' we had together!

6. Ben and I fought in the car quietly as 'a discussion' on the way home and it was quietly tense.

7. I get annoyed because everyone is going on about how 'mummy hates Captain Underpants' and making a big deal of it!


There are days when I want things to go 'well' so badly, that the 'less than perfect reality' can be a punch in the guts!  I struggled.  Feelings of failure crept up and coiled their tendrils around my heart.  I tried to fight it off but it clung on! Hoping to have a day without tension, hoping the kids would be thrilled in every aspect of their day out to the movies...

I realized that sometimes I'm trying to unknowingly 'fix' long term issues with certain activities I plan in a given day and so my expectation of the outcome is way too unrealistic.  These are actually deeper issues I cannot completely solve but I need Gods intervention...

These issues may come in many forms, such as a child's insecurity, not resolved by one special day together, personality conflicts, not resolved by just trying harder to connect, lack of motivation to do something important for long term health, not resolved by shocking advertising scare tactics!

So what can we do- what can I do- what hope do we have for these things that we don't seem to have the power or ability to change?

Well...there is a mighty God with unlimited power for change who cares for us and our families and friend and circumstances! JESUS! And he is able!

It is HE who holds victory in store for the upright...Proverbs 2 v 7: "he holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless"
HE=GOD
The victory "in store" means we will have in between times when we are still waiting for the "store". These are the desperate times, the times we are looking for answers, the times we are seeing problems but not answers or solutions.

There will be times where we are needing victory in many areas, longing for victory...but we can't take it up into our own hands and think we are going to make the victory happen- it's time to wait on the Lord for his "VICTORY STORE" to be released.

I read today the phrase...
"Let Him be the hero!"
He wants to be the restorer of things lost and lacking, be it confidence, trust, identity, self worth...
He wants to be the builder of marriages
He wants to be the source of satisfaction of the hearts of our children, not purely outward circumstances and things 'going right' for them
He wants to be the one who blesses us with those awesome family memories we may not be able to construct with a 'plan'

HE IS A SHIELD...
"Those days" just happen to us all..we can see the irritations, inconveniences, hurts and upsets and disasters...and we know there are many true disasters going on around the world right now...some peoples lives are in devastation.  Even though we may be horrified at what does come our way, there are some things God is sparing us from, day by day, as those within the covenant of protection of Jesus Christ blood.  And if you are not under that covenant, come behind his shield today!

In summary, victory may not have come upon you yet, but it is "in store", ready to be released in God's timing....keep faithful, prayerful, watchful...and meanwhile, remember God is shielding you, often in unseen ways...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me... I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place. I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indic

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little