Skip to main content

Enemies made a footstool

I was in my study early spending time with the Lord this morning and I was distracted by the draft from the door to the study that led outside.
I was thinking about how my husband had said I might want to get one of those draft blocking 'snakes' for the winter chill coming under the door.  Even though I was risking getting sidetracked, I wrote in the notes section of my phone- 'Pay Day'- 'Door snake used to keep cold air out' (as in, when I go shopping- remember to buy one of those door snakes- not the conventional term for that item I'm pretty sure).

As soon as I wrote these words I was hit with a 'suddenly' moment I believe from God's spirit on a 'wordplay' on what I had written.  And the following is what came to me and the thoughts that followed from there...

Pay day usually means the time we are paid income to our bank account, but this wording was now resounding to me as 'pay day' like divine retribution.  Divine retribution on the enemy. Divine recompense for us. Repayment of justice (Luke 18:6-7). It was like the words 'pay day' were in bold neon letters and God was ANNOUNCING to me in that moment that 'Pay Day' had arrived. And the door SNAKE- like the enemy receiving his just desserts, by being reduced to actually serve us instead of hindering us.

And this scripture came to my mind: He will make your enemies a footstool for your feet (Heb 10:13). This scripture seems to refer to a process of Christ's enemies being subdued, culminating in the total and final subjection as Gods kingdom is completely established. We know there's a spiritual battle and there's currently victory and oppression simultaneously existing in the world.  I really felt like this word God gave me was referring to a major battle in the process of being won and relief brought in the lives of believers (like myself) who have gone through an intense season and even lifetime of warfare and many seeming defeats in the context of the larger picture of "the war". The scripture contains many episodes of trial followed by relief and victory- almost like microcosms and foreshadowing of the bigger and final victory. And really, in case we get too historical and scientific- Gods compassion for his people shines forth, his faithfulness and true desire to bring them relief and to a better place- the promised land- the heavenly home.  In it all, he is glorified and we are actually 'increased' through our hardships in qualities of perseverance, character and hope (Rom 5: 3-4).

If an enemy becomes a footstool he ceases to become a threat.  He is reduced to the lowest state of service- not a state with any recognition or honor.  His 'personal' identity is gone, and he is reduced to the identity of that of an inanimate object. The enemy as a footstool serves none the less.

And this just resonated with so much of what I have heard from God lately and what's been spoken prophetically- this is a time of repayment and blessing and justice.

I became very exited about this.  I reflected on how I tend to think of an enemy once overcome, would be sent far away out of sight- certainly out of our house- and why would we want to see the enemy or be reminded of him?  But God wants us, I believe, to have a reminder of our victory in actually seeing the works of the enemy overturned to serve us. (Genesis 50:20).

About one year ago I had a dream or vision (I can't remember which) of a table upside down trapping things underneath.  Next the table was upright, and instead of crushing and holding down what was under it, it now was a platform for the same things.  At the time this was a picture of hope and I believe we are at the time of fulfillment- where the tables that once crushed us underneath are turning upright and God is making them a platform to elevate us into his purposes and blessings and destiny.

We will have reminders in our lives that the works of the enemy have been turned to serve us like the lowest inanimate object, as we see and recall the victory God has given us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me... I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place. I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indic

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little