Skip to main content

'ANOINTING' sets the stage for 'APPOINTING"

Joseph had served time in the darkness, his gifts operating quietly...Then suddenly he was interpreting the personal dreams of the Pharoah and giving instructions on saving Egypt from famine. Before Josephs promotion the bible in Genesis 41.37 says "Josephs suggestions were well recieved". And Pharoah remarks to his officials "Can we find anyone else like this man so obviously filled with the spirit of God?" (Genesis 41.38).

This interaction and display of wisdom impressed the officials of Pharaoh and Pharaoh himself. It marked the start of his promotion from 'prisoner' to second in command of the entire land. The anointing of God was recognized.

Display of ANOINTING sets the STAGE  for the APPOINTING.

As God sets the stage for someones appointment to a position in his will, he makes the suitability apparent to those in power to appoint WITH EVIDENCE of an anointing from God apon the person for the task.

Joseph STEPPED INTO the anointing IN FAITH without awareness of a position offer around the corner or seeking a position. Stepping out in faith, in obedience to an 'anointed spirit led task' may be leading you to a spiritual promotion.

Second if you are in a position to appoint someone to a position, is the anointing of God clearly on them? Ask the Lord to see the sign of ANOINTING before you begin APPOINTING!!!!

Remember display of ANOINTING sets the STAGE for APPOINTING!!!!

Notes:
(For further reading on this topic see 'the appointment of Stephen' recorded in Acts 6. 1-6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me... I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place. I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indic

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little