Skip to main content

Josephs 'FORGETFULNESS and FRUITFULNESS'

Joseph had a hard time then finally his time of blessing came. He came to power, saw seven years of abundant crops and stored away plenty of food for the famine years. He was in a position to rule and save lives.

In the seven years of amazing harvest Joseph had personal blessing of two sons born (Genesis 41. 47-52)
The first he named 'Manasseh' saying "God has made me forget all my troubles and everyone in my fathers family" (Genesis 41.51).
(Manasseh- causing to forget, footnote, NLT).
He embraced FORGETFULNESS.

There are blessings given to us to help us forget about our painful past. He cares about the effect the memory of a painful past has on us and wants to help us forget the past with FRESH JOY in the present!

Ephraim his second son was named by reason of "God has made me fruitful in this land of my grief"(Genesis 41.52). Make no mistake, despite things getting better and the assurance of God's plan and purpose he still refered to Egypt as a place of grief.
(Ephraim- fruitful, footnote, NLT).

Fruitfulness can come as Gods grace while we are in a 'land of grief' or situation of grief.  Coming 'into fruitfulness' can also imply there was a dry or lacking season before!  God cares about the effect 'lack' has on us. He wants to make us fruitful with blessing!

Joseph embraced BOTH FORGETFULNESS AND FRUITFULNESS. As he was blessed by God with his sons he saw these two graces.

Embrace and appreciate both the forgetfulness and fruitfulness through the new blessings God has coming to you this season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me... I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place. I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indic

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little