Skip to main content

Completion

John 17 v 4"I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do" NIV


Jesus prays in John 17 this statement of fact when he is with the disciples, before he went to the cross.  It seems Jesus had a sense of completion of at least one stage of God's work for him at that time.  It was like he was giving his own eulogy before his departure. And he had succeeded in completion.

I believe that's a word for myself and others right now- completion.

If we are thinking about giving something up, ask yourself- have I really completed this?

There is work God has given us to do- and there is a point of completion God has in mind for each of those areas.

We get so tired sometimes that it seems something has to go out of our schedule- maybe the most difficult thing is the most tempting to let go of- God might be releasing you- but pray for wisdom...

I had realized there was an area of ministry I was involved in I was starting to dread fronting up for and I asked God why.  He said that the enemy was trying to get me to give up so I would miss out on seeing the results that were coming.

I was taking communion and I was so weary and desperate to connect with Jesus.  I was tired physically, from fending off guilt I knew I don't have to carry, and from just putting one foot after another in every aspect of life.
I found myself thinking what kind of endurance and energy it took for Jesus to go through everything, the cross, for us.

Joy is coming


In Hebrews chapter 12 the bible says of Jesus; that "for the joy set before him he endured the cross".  What joy is before you right now that can help you to endure?  Ask God to help you see and focus on that...

The work within the work


James 1 v 4
"Let this endurance complete its work so that you may be fully mature, complete, and lacking in nothing". CEB

The endurance that is required for sustained difficulty has a purpose in itself.  I wonder why what I'm hoping for hasn't happened yet and this could be the answer: the endurance hasn't finished it's work.  We have to let the endurance complete it's work in us.  The endurance is work in itself.  God is working through the endurance to give us more than just the prize at the end but a wealth of maturity.  Then we ourselves get a prize of becoming "complete" people with all the character God wants to give us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me... I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place. I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indic

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little