Skip to main content

Transition 2

I've been praying about what is coming up for me in 2018, what Gods plans are and what he has for me...
I had an interesting dream recently where I was among many people who were in a supermarket being assigned jobs. Suddenly the supermarket was not just a grocery story but had expanded into a department store. There was food, clothing and everything you could think of to buy. Multiple adjoining buildings. Huge spaces devoted to specialty items. There were so many people wandering around. Some of these people were wearing colour coded vests they had been given by the store which indicated they had been assigned a role. But although some had their vest, they were not yet at their post, they were wandering around asking questions and trying to find where they were meant to be. I was aware I had my vest on but could not search for my place because I was with my son Caleb helping him find his place.
I asked the Lord what this meant. I felt the change in store size and variety indicated a host of new opportunities that God has and is opening up for his people, the church. There are new positions, new assignments and changes all over the place afoot and coming. I felt it 'appeared' to look messy and disorganized, but infact the 'process' of organization was under way. People were at different stages: some have an awareness or vision of what they are stepping into but have not settled in to the awareness of the reality of what this 'new thing' looks like. Others are waiting to recieve the assignment and position and vision.
There was a sense of vibrancy in the air of the new and people trying to find their place in anticipation. There was a sense we would " feel right" when we found our place.
God is assigning and directing and there is a degree of uncertainty in the air mixed with anticipation. Transition is a difficult time.
I felt God was giving me a picture of the  church but also a personal direction and reassurance to help guide my son in his transition to high school first before I find 'my place'. I felt God was reassuring me that he knows that I feel unsettled and I desperately want to make plans for 2018 but...I have a job to do first...
What about you...are you feeling the 'unsettling' of transition. Know God is in control. You will find your place and your heart will settle. Try to find stillness now in trust knowing God is working and arranging- the plan is underway- he has a plan and purpose for you. It is selected and it is just right.
Praise God!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The energy of faith

What does a faithful Christian look like?  Are they always happy and energetic and smiling? I had a disappointment when a something I thought was going to happen didn't.  How many of us have experienced this? We receive a promise from God and then something leads us to think its happening "this week" or 'this month', even 'this year'- all the signs are lining up- we get all exited. WE might fast, and spend ourselves in prayer.  WE might tell our close friends.  WE might take some actions towards this thing coming to pass.  And it's all in the faith of expectation- because we believe God- that this thing is going to happen. Then it doesn't happen when we think it would happen and we feel exhausted.  We feel silly, maybe bitter, that we 'spent ourselves' getting exited and laboring over this event or promise we thought was coming like 'now'. Today I prayed God would give me his perspective on my disappointment.  I truly had e

About me...

About me..My name is Naomi.  I am married with three children.  I am a Naturopathy student who has been studying for what feels like forever and carer to husband and three children.  I have a background in midwifery.  I am passionate about how God designed things to be for our minds and bodies and life and that one day he will perfect everything and everyone who accepts the free gift of life.  I yearn to understand God more and dwell in his perfect peace, trusting him, believing him, and not being afraid.  I want to know how long and wide and deep and high is the love of Christ, a love that surpasses knowledge. This is Ben and I on our 15th wedding anniversary holiday at a Broncos game... I like pretty things.  I like tea and tea pots and pretty vines.  I like delicate and soft things like pastels and green florals and lace and shabby chic.  But not too shabby chic.  I like rustic and homely.  I like natural things, wood, metal, natural fibres. I have three little